Sunday, August 12, 2012

maternity | muskogee, ok maternity photographer | The Russells have an announcement!!

My blog post today is a very special one. It's about the Russell family (and some ornery geese - more on that later), who have been my clients since 2009. They have a big announcement to make, and chose me to document this monumental moment in their lives. I couldn't be more honored! I met Brandie & Jared in 2009, when they hired me to photograph their engagement session for them, in Siloam Springs, AR. Aren't they cute?


In 2010, I photographed their Muskogee, OK wedding at Kilharens Lodge. It was here I learned that Brandie likes to hitch rides. Unfortunately for the driver, they chose not to stop. They missed out on a heckofa good time!


Seriously though, aren't they gorgeous?


Flash forward to fall 2010 - fall family portraits in Siloam Springs, AR. We got some gorgeous portraits!


and some funny ones too :)


Fall of 2011, more family portraits - this time in the lot behind their family business Aceco (if you need party rentals, or a tractor - this is the place to go).


I love these girls! They are by far some of my favorite mischief makers ;).


Onto the good stuffs! 

On 6.7.12 Brandie sent me a text. Our convo:

Brandie: Have you ever shot like a family get together? Or like a BBQ with a lot of people?
Me: Lol...define a lot of people!
Brandie: Close friends and family! We have a surprise for everyone and would LOVE to have pictures! ;)

(at this point, I would like to note - Brandie, it was your little wink that gave it away!) 
Me: OMG are you preggars?
Brandie: Ssshhhhh!!! NO ONE knows!

Wow. I didn't actually photograph their session until 7.22.12, so they sat on this secret for quite awhile! Now that the cat is out of the bag so to speak, I can share some pictures! Brandie asked me to be there when they told their twin girls that they were going to be big sisters, so off to Honor Heights park in Muskogee, OK (after I got lost) I went!

The girls had NO idea that there is a baby Russell on the way, so we started out like it was a normal photo session, grabbing the posed family portraits first:



Now the fun stuff! We had the girls close their eyes for their prize, custom t-shirts that Brandie had made. I just loved their reactions!


Look at those proud big sisters to be!


Why stop there? Even though it was hot (one of the notorious 105 days this summer), the girls were in high spirits so we kept shooting. Aren't they just the cutest little family ever?


Baby Russell coming 2.14.13!!

 

Listening for little brother or sister :)


Isn't this a great blooper! Love her face!


Can't forget the foot shot! Representin' baby Russell! Future clients, expect a picture of your feet in your proofing gallery.


Now onto the geese. Yes, geese. We were right by the water, so of course there were geese. Personally, I dislike geese. A lot. I dislike geese so much it's starting to give me the eebie jeebies just talking about them. Geese, geese, geese, geese, geese. Ha, say that one five times fast!


Anyways, when we got close to the water, it was a little hard keeping the girls from running off because they were chasing the geese. I did get them to stand still for one quick portrait though:


During this time, the evil geese were sneaking back up on them. Their reaction when I told them to look behind them (in reality I was about to run away myself!), was priceless. One look at their faces, and I thought they were scared too:


Nope, they were just secretly plotting their offense via twin telepathy.

 
And off they go again! 
 

Lets end on a sweet note:


Brandie & Jared, thank you for inviting me along to photograph this day for you. I am truly honored that you chose me to do so! I love that I have been able to watch your family grow. Here's to future maternity and newborn portraits!  *cheers*

By the way, Brandie is the best Scentsy consultant ever. EVER. She's having a 10% off sale for August, check out her page!


Til next time,
Mel


comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? I'd love to hear them!