Wednesday, August 29, 2012

maternity | westville, ok maternity photographer | Baby Abilene is almost here!

Hey there! So um yeah...I'm a horrible blogger! I am running behind on everything (facebook updates, inquiries, and blogging), so I'm going to attempt to redeem myself with this awesome maternity session I shot last month. Yes internet, last month. Yowza.

This is the McKenzie family. Aren't they presh?


If you've ever had family portraits done, you know that getting your children relaxed and happy with their faces in the general direction of the camera is RARE. I, in a combined effort with Derek & Sheri, have found a solution for that. All you have to do is tell your kids that you will hold them upside down by their feet later, and boom! Happy children.


Looking at this family, one would never guess that they suffered a tragic loss last year. Lainee Pearl, was born last year at 32 weeks, asleep. Sheri brought along a weighted bear, and an angel wing necklace to represent Abilenes sister. This photo is by far my favorite image of our session, and I am so glad that Sheri thought to include Lainee in them. Rest in peace, little one.


I <3 these portraits of Derek & Sheri. So in love!


Evan


Roman


Awesome old barn! And an awesome wasp's nest! These boys be fearless.

Love the boys feet next to Abilenes dainty shoes!


Even though we got great portraits that day, had a lot of fun, and got stared at by a property owner until we left because there was a bull in her field (eeek!), we actually decided to shoot again on another day because we missed the sunset. I blame this on Derek for driving us all the way to Egypt (Egypt = anything that is 30 minutes from pavement). Man oh man, was that AC nice after being in that hot weather! Derek's secret motive for taking the long way around maybe? I'm just kiddin' ya, Derek :).

Both Sheri & I really wanted some images with the sun in them (sunflare...haaaay!!), so we decided to shoot again a week later. This time we were a bit closer to home, at the abandoned factory in Westville. I guess everyone decided to hay their fields at the same time, because this was the only one in town that still had part of the fields uncut. I'm glad, because this location turned out to be awesome! Simply stunning light.


37 weeks! Props to this momma, it was 100 degrees out and she handled it like a champ. Love this moment!

I. Love. Sunflare.


Sans kiddos, we were able to trample through the long grass to grab some intimate maternity portraits. This one is definitely my favorite from day # 2.


I'll end this post with one last gorgeous portrait of Sheri in that nummy light. For inquiring minds, the McKenzie family welcomed baby Abilene to the world two weeks later, in perfect health. Watch for her newborn session, coming soon!


Til next time, 

Mel

comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? I'd love to hear them!